Betmedia manages identities in order to adapt them to the new European regulations and to be able to guarantee the age of majority of users accessing the platform
Know more about our solution Wise DID Authenticator
Betmedia manages identities in order to adapt them to the new European regulations and to be able to guarantee the age of majority of users accessing the platform.
The objective is to manage the identities in order to adapt them to the new European regulations and to be able to guarantee the age of majority of the users accessing the platform. Due to the demanding legal regulations surrounding the gambling market, it is very necessary to comply with the regulations regarding the access of minors to these services. How do we achieve, with total veracity, that the users who access are of legal age in all cases, and access without committing identity fraud, and in a fast, agile and safe way?
Betmedia relies on Wise Security Global, a leading cybersecurity company in Spain, to authenticate and protect the identity of its users. Thanks to Wise Did Authenticator® and its decentralized credential technology on blockchain, it provides an answer to the problems of traditional Identity and access control systems.
Wise DID Authenticator® is a Decentralized Digital Identity (DID) based software that verifies the identity of a user or device and manages access to a protected system or resource.
This authenticator consolidates the security of the systems and resources it accesses, and thanks to decentralized digital identity on blockchain provides greater security, simplicity, privacy, multi-factor authentication, flexibility and a decentralized management of identities, which differentiates it from traditional passwords.
Users access the platforms with greater security in the management of their identity, while the platform complies with stringent regulations by being able to unequivocally verify the age of its users.
The project developed for Betmedia is born in Ceuta and with the help of the accelerator Ceuta Open Future has been selected among more than 300 applications, as an innovative project. The initiative involves different platforms of the brand such as MiTipster and Bestfy for the implementation of this technology. Likewise, Ceuta Open Future and its accelerated companies have the support and validation of the Autonomous City of Ceuta.
Company accelerated by:
What is achieved thanks to this identity project:
- User registration is reliable and secure, thanks to blockchain technology.
- The entire registration process is user friendly.
- It simplifies both the registration and the use in the following accesses, which will be just a click away.
- An exhaustive access control is generated, which totally avoids any attempt of identity fraud.
- This system ensures compliance with industry regulations, generating access only to those users who certify that they are of legal age.
- This identity management is aligned with the identity standards and regulations of the European Union framework, its hallmarks being data privacy and self-sovereignty.
- Once implemented, this identity management is suitable for use inside and outside the Betmedia ecosystems.
- The registration system is unified for all gaming operators, and the active databases for these operators are expanded.